Training Support Workers – Positive Behaviour Support
“This training was very informative and enjoyable and changed how I view challenging behaviour” (Kate – support worker)
This one day training is primarily aimed at support teams working directly with clients following acquired brain injury.
- Define specific challenges including demotivation, disengagement, disinhibition, impulsivity and aggression
- Introduce the Positive Behaviour Supportapproach e.g. knowing your client, managing environment/triggers, developing skills & relationships
- Identifying and addressing the emotional impact on support workers, improving self-care and building resilience when working with clients who display challenging behaviours
- Achieving and maintaining rapport with clients following difficult episodes or disengagement
- Identifying a practicing practical skills including motivational interviewing and cognitive & behavioural approaches
Check our web-site for 2019 dates for this popular training session. Alternatively, if you want to discuss your team’s specific requirements with us and organise a bespoke training session, give us a call.